Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Snow is EPIC, right now!

Woke up this morning and didn't know whether to snowboard or ski. I decided to snowboard. I need more board time. I got down to Mt. Sunapee around 12:30pm and the snow surface was mostly powder. I found out they got 4 inches of powder overnight. I believe that it only snowed on Sunapee last night. Snowboarding in powder is the best to learn in. When you fall it doesn't hurt as much. I'm at the point where I don't fall as much...but I haven't got enough confidence yet to as some speed where I'm a steady rider. I'm told by other boarders the 3rd season is when you get it. It's the beginning of my 3rd season, so I'm going with the expected to happen.

I couldn't resist around 3pm, I grabbed my skis and raced down the hill another 4-5 times, AS FAST AS I COULD GO! Figured I needed some practice, being race night.

Then when the sun went down, I headed to Whaleback to meet up with my team, Pointy Tips. I found out at the top of the racing block that I'm a regular racer now. The girl that had my previous spot from last year tore her ACL and won't be able to race this season. OW! But I have a spot now, which is good for me. Poor Erin though, they don't know if she going to get surgery, but she can walk and that's better than she could do last week. Get better Erin. I did win my first race. I raced all last season and I wasn't able to pull it off until tonight.

Next adventure day: Monday, January 31st. Check back for the next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment